We are EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles: Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Apex Legends, The Sims, and others. But what does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to explore your creativity, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
You will report to the User Experience Research Manager to represent the players – in all their variety and diversity- and we value building that diversity of background & opinion into the structure of our team. This role is open to hybrid work model.
- Be the source of insights for mixed methods research methods, craft, and execution for a single studio
- Understand the game(s) you work on to perceive and communicate your research findings – you don’t need to be an expert on a game when you start working on it, but you should expect to play the game enough to become one
- Communicate your findings to dev team partners in ways that help the game better achieve their design and experience goals
- You have an advanced degree in experimental psychology (experimental, social, cognitive), human computer interaction, human factors, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- You have 2+ years industry experience in research design and conducting user research studies across platforms
- You have experience in research design, experienced in at least one methodology (e.g. field studies, interviewing, contextual inquiry, questionnaire development and survey research, usability studies, competitive benchmarking)
- You can write and present influential reports
- Experience with statistical packages desirable
- RPG or FPS (1st person shooter) research experience desirable
Us Compensation And Benefits
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $114,200 – $166,200
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.