User Experience Designer, XD – EA SPORTS™ FC
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS™ FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
As part of Football Club, the ultimate purpose of this team is to be a catalyst for meaningful and impactful innovation and change. It’s going to work in support and evolution of the overall EA SPORTS FC business and teams and its goal is to provide the technological and experiential capabilities to build the Football Club of tomorrow.
You will craft user Interfaces through modern user experience practices as a part of our central UX discipline. We’re looking for someone who enjoys solving complex problems and approaches them with systematic thinking, understanding of player motivations, and rigor. We’re a group of passionate people where craftsmanship, passion, and collaboration are celebrated. Join us if you want to do career-defining work and help us build world-class player experiences!
This is an opportunity to do career-defining work and be a part of EA’s most successful franchise – EA SPORTS FC.
- Evaluate, craft, and iterate end-to-end experiences establishing thoughtful design solutions that are intuitive, scalable, and accessible.
- Solid understanding of interaction design patterns and pattern systems for a product or a feature
- Create and refine prototypes of various fidelity (rapid, mid-fidelity, high-fidelity) to communicate intent and evaluate effectiveness.
- Partner with User Research to identify user needs, and goals for the feature; effectively apply research insights and iterate design solutions
- Leverage existing design documentation standards and seek improvements in documentation, principles, design output.
- Expert knowledge of design systems and how they are applied in a product
- Organize, label, and structure content in a way that aids wayfinding and comprehension; Solid understanding of best-in-class IA principles.
- Organizing and briefing teammates, partners, etc., on concepts and tasks
- Mentor UX designers in process, teamwork, and design thinking.
- Advocate for design excellence, craftsmanship, accessibility, and usability.
- Expert knowledge of modern design tools such as Figma, Adobe Suite, and other relevant tools
- 3-6 years of experience as a UX Designer, Product Designer, or similar roles and passion for interactive gaming experiences.
- Stellar portfolio with detailed case studies across relevant platforms (work showing problem discovery, detailed design solution, including supporting prototypes, behaviors, rationale).
- Expert level understanding of visual psychology, organizing principles, layouts, composition, typography, color theory, and accessibility.
- Advanced understanding of Design Strategy and how it supports user goals and business needs.
- Collaborative mindset; ability to participate in a transparent and learning culture within the team.
- You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both the process and the project.
- You are comfortable presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- You have strong written and verbal communication.
- You are empathetic and able to inspire optimism and positivity within your team.
- You are comfortable working with varying levels of the organization and collaborating with team leaders across the franchise.
At EA, we believe our future is to build joyful experiences and push the boundaries of our games and we want your help and expertise in doing so. If this resonates with you and you have something to contribute, please contact us, even if you don’t meet all of the criteria above.
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.