Technical UI Designer
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield’s DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Technical UI Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome remote candidates in Canada to apply.
- Implement menu flows and HUD components to design specifications using visual scripting
- Maintain usability and quality of UI elements throughout production
- Work closely with other disciplines to implement HUD UI for gameplay
- Assist in advocating best practices to the content team
- Take feedback from the design team to improve workflows and support features
- Drive communication and collaboration between all departments with regards to your work
- Proactively communicate with others, to guide your work forward
- Participate in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
- 2+ years of experience as a technically-oriented web, front-end, or UI designer/implementer
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy problem-solving with a creative team
- Value documentation and healthy communication
- Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
- At least one shipped game
- Proficiency with game editors (such as Frostbite, Unreal, or Unity)
- Expertise in visual scripting or C-style scripting languages
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume.