As a Technical QA Analyst II on TeamFight Tactics, you will build tools to assist teams in making quality an everyday part of the Software Development Life Cycle. You understand the importance of quality upfront, and how technical debt can negatively impact a product long term; which ultimately affects the player experience. You also have great product sense, and will find ways to use technology to test the limits of the product experience.
This Technical QA Analyst role will report to a Sr. QA Manager or Engineering Manager.
- Create test plans, test cases, and maintain the team’s holistic testing strategy
- Coordinate with external partner testing teams, overseeing and guiding their work
- Partner with Software Engineers to maintain documentation and test coverage
- Expand tools to improve testing capabilities within the development process
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Minimum of 3 years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with at least 1 year in a technical quality role
- Experience working embedded with developers and content creators
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks and tools (Xunit, Selenium, Cucumber / Specflow, Appium, Postman)
- Experience working with OO and scripting languages (Java, C#/C++, Python)
- Knowledge of Product Development Pipelines and Workflows (Git, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, rCluster)
- Data Querying and Visualization experience (SQL, Azure Databricks, Tableau)
- Proficient in Test Strategy, Planning, and Design
- Relational database proficiency
- Development experience across several platforms; mobile, console, and PC
- Preferred Licenses/certifications:
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Technical Test Analyst
- ISTQB Test Automation Engineer
- Certified Software Test Automation Specialist (CSTAS)
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players’ experiences, this could be your role!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner’s Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
- (Los Angeles Only) Base salary range between $111,700.00 – $156,400.00 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant’s criminal history (LAMC 189.00).