PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play – it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
Santa Monica Studio is seeking a Technical Audio Designer to implement game audio and assist with tools and workflow for the audio scripting team.
As a Technical Audio Designer, you will implement audio using tools and technology to produce robust, efficient scripts and producing documentation as needed. You will collaborate with design, art, and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems, taking feedback from Lead Audio Designers, the Audio Director and other Audio Designers.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with a strong technical background and a passion for solving problems. If you have a passion for technology and game audio, we’d love to hear from you!
- Implement game audio, taking direction from the Audio Director
- Utilize visual and text-based scripting, Wwise, and other in-house tools to build and maintain content that ranges from straightforward text entry to highly complex scripted scenarios
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines (Level Design, Narrative, Animation, etc.) to achieve desired outcomes
- Identify and solve technical issues for the other designers as the product goes through Alpha, Beta, and Final
- Experience with game editors, scripting languages, and Wwise
- Ability to think logically with a high level of attention to detail
- Team oriented mentality, no task is too small or too complicated if it makes the game better
- 2+ year’s professional experience building content and/or completion of a Computer Science or Game Development degree
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, working with our partners, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the individual base pay range may vary based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for benefit offerings that include medical, dental, and vision. Click here to learn more.
This is a flexible role that can be remote, with varying pay ranges based on geographic location. For example, if you are based out of Seattle, the estimated base pay range for this role is listed below, this is an hourly rate.
$40.10 – $60.20 USD
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.