About the Organization: EA is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite video games IP. We are assembling a team with the purpose of constructing a novel and immersive experience. This is your opportunity to join this new team that will shape the future of interactive entertainment.
About our team: We are starting a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. With some of the most valuable IP in the world, and the resources EA has to offer, we have access to the capabilities needed to deliver amazing new experiences for an expanded audience of players worldwide.
About the role: As a technical artist, you will help push visual boundaries and experiences for our players by investing in future technologies, shared tooling, and production workflows. Technical artists combine creativity and imagination with technical expertise. We are a diverse group that encourages team members to bring their unique perspectives and expertise to work every day.
The Technical Artist (TA) develops pipelines, workflows, and technology innovations used by content creators from our FC team. Reporting to our Technical Art Director, they partner with development teams to build shared and scalable solutions. The main areas of responsibilities include development of in-game features, content production pipelines, asset optimization/integration, and workflows. TAs are expected to assume ownership over any technical issues that arise on their projects and bring them to resolution.
You can be from an Art, Design, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science background; however, you must demonstrate a comfort level in working with both art and science.
- At least 3+ years of cinematic/games production experience.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a related field.
- Effective at communicating with different audiences: artists, engineers, managers.
- Proficient scripting/programming in Python or C#. (C++ is a bonus, but is not required).
- Experience with 2D/3D art packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Houdini.
- A solutions-provider, especially as it pertains to testing and debugging technical issues.
- Experience with asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- A willingness to jump into the unknown and solve new problems to resolve technical challenges and limitations.
- A Passion for Games!
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.