This IS A REMOTE CONTRACT POSITION Position includes:
- Paid weekly
- Flexible/remote work environment
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off provided
- Paid holidays observed
- Access to Nintendo discount
Retro Studios Founded in 1998, Retro Studios is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nintendo Company, Ltd. Retro is a state-of-the-art game development studio, working in conjunction with Nintendo to bring award-winning games to Nintendo’s cutting-edge next-generation platforms. Retro Studios is located in beautiful Austin, Texas. With rolling hills, scenic waterways, abundant wildlife, vibrant music and film scenes, and a laid-back cosmopolitan culture, Austin is a dynamic city with an excellent quality of life. Austin’s sunny weather also supports a great range of outdoor activities, providing plenty of venues for top-notch game developers to recharge and unwind.
Announced by Nintendo in January 2019, Retro Studios is currently in the midst of developing Metroid Prime 4 for the Nintendo Switch.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Provides rigging solutions that support achieving the visual targets for character, props, and creature performances.
- Understands cinematic workflow and provides technical support for the efficient production of high-quality cinematics.
- Sets up cinematic scene files to hand off to the cinematic animators and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Tag and integrate props and characters for use in cinematics.
- Educates the team on proper naming conventions and adherence to directory structures.
- Collaborates with Designers to ensure exported assets work as expected at runtime.
- Develops workflow tools to help automate repetitive tasks for the Cinematic team.
- Sets up or modifies basic game scripting for cinematics when necessary.
*This job description outlines primary duties and requirements and is not intended to identify all tasks that may be performed; individuals occupying the position may be required to perform other duties. The company may modify job duties from time to time, either in practice or in writing.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
- Proven technical skills in character rigging for 3D production.
- Experience with a Performance Capture pipeline.
- Proficient in Python.
- Employs Object Oriented programming techniques.
- Able to solve complex technical problems predictability and reliably.
- Adheres to coding standards and writes easy to understand, well commented code.
- Basic understanding of node-based game scripting.
- Demonstrates experience developing animation tools (layout tools are a plus).
- Experience with Maya, MotionBuilder, and other relevant packages.
- Strong understanding and adherence to production process and methodology.
- Able to find creative solutions to strict hardware limitations.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- High comfort level using Confluence, Jira, and Shotgrid.
- Friendly demeanor and respect for colleagues and leadership.
- Team player that works well in a collaborative environment.
*Retro Studios is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy, and respect for each other. Recommended Skills
- Computer Animation
- Interpersonal Skills