Systems/Core Engineer – Ridgeline Games
Ridgeline Games is focused on building rich narrative campaigns with memorable characters and powerful experiences all in the Battlefield universe. We are building a new studio in the Seattle area composed of leaders and talent with a vast array of AAA game dev experience. Our diverse team, who have a voice in making great games together, are passionate about telling new stories and taking players on an incredible journey.
- Remote Work Option: Yes
- Location: Vancouver
- Requisition Type: RFT
Role Overview: You are a Senior Software Engineer, reporting to the Studio Technical Director who will work side-by-side with video game content creators (designer, visual art, audio, video) to help identify needs, prioritize work, and provide solutions to problems. You will spend time supporting and developing content tools, implementing new engine code, and optimizing performance.
- Become an expert in EA’s internal technology and contribute by writing and suggesting improvements at the game and engine level.
- Work with EA’s internal shared technology groups. Develop runtime, pipeline, and tools code.
- Implement new features and workflows for content creators.
- Optimize performance and memory usage.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members.
- Participate in higher level planning with project management and Technical Leads/Directors.
- 7+ years of professional programming experience.
- High proficiency with C++, advanced knowledge of C# & Python
- Contributions to complex software, through high-quality shipped game titles.
- You have experience optimizing and debugging complex multi-threaded systems.
- Expert-level debugging skills.
- You’re passionate about pushing the boundaries of what’s been seen or done in the past and are looking for a place to bring to life some of your creative ideas.
- You’ve made a name for yourself as being having a good sense of software design and architecture