- Must be pursuing a bachelors, masters, or PhD in a computer science related field and graduating December 2023 or later.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written skills.
- We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Front-End Development Internship: Be a part of one of our internal teams, focused on Front-end Development to build and maintain a variety of consumer facing websites and mobile properties for our games and franchises. Leverage data, game API’s and creative marketing to build an engaging experience for players out of the console of PC.
- Experience with engineering tools and methods (GitHub, unit testing, continuous integration, etc.).
Back-end Development Internship: Join a team focused on Back-end Development to build and maintain a variety of consumer facing websites and mobile properties for our games and franchises. Work on websites that are global and responsive to support long term maintenance and usability.
- Strong understanding of Python and Java programming and Spring framework.
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL.
- Understanding of data scaling techniques.
- Experience with various engineering tools including GitHub, unit testing, continuous integration, etc.
UX/UI Internship: Join one of our teams focused on UX/UI to create wireframes, mockups and prototypes for new and existing websites and mobile applications for one of our franchises. Conduct research to advise approach including competitive analysis and user feedback.
- Knowledge of standard practices for websites and mobile apps.
- Effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently within a team environment.
- Experience using design tools such as Sketch.
Ecommerce: The Ecommerce engineering teams oversee the entire online purchasing experience on the Battle.net Shop. From payment processing to claw backs – get ready to see it all.
- Proficiency in Java, Linux/Unix and any web-related technologies.
- Familiarity with high performance web APIs.
- Experience with scalable web app designs.
- Passion for working on back-end systems that power Blizzard’s catalog of digital products.
Platform: Our platform engineering teams are responsible for all the behind-the-scenes technology that makes everything run. From the infrastructure to dev portals, they do it all!
- Experience with C++, Python, Java, REST and other back-end web-related technologies.
- Interest in Infrastructure, server architectures and back-end game services.
- Familiarity with developer portals, APIs/SDKs and Content Management Systems.
Applications: From the desktop and mobile Battle.net application to every Blizzard game website, corporate and esports landing pages – our applications team reaches it all.
- An interest in desktop and/or mobile applications.
- Familiarity with Android Architecture.
- A vested interest in Web Development.
Enterprise Applications Engineering Internship: Work closely with stakeholders (developers, applications architects, business analysts, etc.) to identify the best solutions for the business in Enterprise Architecture. Take part in various stages of the software development cycle, including: reviewing requirements, proposing and designing solutions, creating technical design, building, customizing, testing, deploying, etc. Develop appropriate test scenarios and scripts as needed. Troubleshoot, identify issues, perform root cause analysis, and document and provide the best solution to the problem.
- Some training in program development and design methodology.
- Classroom or work experience in any of the following: database development experience or knowledge (RDBMS, SQL, PL/SQL), Java, C, C++, Python, Java Script.
- Knowledge or prior experience in designing/deploying APIs or Integrations in MuleSoft / Tibco / Boomi, and knowledge of ERP systems (Oracle ERP, SAP) is a plus.
Operations Management Internship: Work with the Blizzard IT team as they use their robust incident and problem management system to service many areas of the company (game developers, producers, SRE, etc.). Focus on improving the team’s internal functions, project-based assignments such as developing new software implementation.
- Python experience.
- Understanding of Linux.
- Containerization experience (ie. Docker) a plus.
- Terraform, Puppet, or other CI/CD methods a plus.
Linus Systems Engineering Internship: Support the IT team performing system performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting. Follow procedures identified by SOX and PCI standards, partnering with datacenter engineering to help deploy new hardware. Partner with IT Security to research and resolve platform security risks, developing automation tools and processes to help scale operations. Work to develop SOPs and TSGs for key systems and services.
- Linux understanding.
- Basic understanding of RHCSA fundamentals (red hat certification).
- Experience with a scripting language, Docker, AWS/Google Cloud, Puppeter or Ansible all a plus.
Data Engineering Intern (IT): Develop a data pipeline, and get data from different sources, massage it, and prep it for the analytics team.
- Python knowledge.
- Database understanding (SQL most preferable, other databases acceptable).
- Work on bold projects that apply your education and critical thinking abilities to have an impact on business initiatives.
- Participate in the design and code review process.
- Collaborate with other software engineers.
- Participate in learning and development tech talks to understand how our employees come together to launch AAA games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Subject To Eligibility Requirements, The Company Offers Comprehensive Benefits Including
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered.
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $20.00 – $50.00 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed. R021328