PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play – it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Strategy & Initiatives Program Manager
San Mateo, CA / Hybrid
The Global Marketing, Sales, and Business Operations division brings together a global staff with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary intellectual property. With teams in countries across the globe, we recognize the importance of balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our marketing, Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, we work together to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
As part of this division, the Executive Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) is responsible for supervising all strategy-related activities across the organization to ensure coordinated action and execution. The core areas of focus are goals tracking, organizational alignment, knowledge management, process improvement, and initiative management. Further, the team coordinates and runs project plans for division activities related to bringing products to market in both new and known capacities. In addition to leading the strategy activities, the team is also responsible for mapping division-level processes to create alignment and efficiency.
The Strategic Initiatives Program Manager is a role developed to enhance the EPMO’s capabilities. The goal is to cultivate relationships, deliver education on cross-divisional process, and lead department initiatives to deepen and broaden our impact on successful delivery against objectives. This role is vital to the future growth of the division. The ideal candidate is one who is a positive and adaptable teammate possessing excellent planning and time management skills, a growth mindset, the capability to communicate adeptly, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and run mid- and long-term key initiatives as identified by the EPMO
- Work cross-functionally to develop processes that ensure appropriate prioritization and approvals for critical business initiatives
- Track and review central initiatives across the division to ensure successful delivery of key business objectives
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and workshops to refine and optimize all elements of strategy
- Possess the ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Strong project/initiative management experience
- Compassion and insight for other teams’ needs; resourceful in finding solutions to business problems
- Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
- Strong ability build strong internal relationships across departments and bring together interdisciplinary viewpoints within teams
- Strong knowledge of sales cycles and ability to understand recent sales trends and forces
- Gaming industry knowledge
- Communication tools: MSFT Teams, Slack, SharePoint, Confluence
- Developing people focused strategies (i.e., employee engagement, educational tools)
- Working in an Enterprise or Business focused PMO structure
- PMP certification
Please refer to our for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.