Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences- all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)
Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to create and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code and publish any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching over 100 million players across the globe every month!
Work with the most passionate, collaborative, and innovative people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today — distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As an Engineering Intern, you will have ownership and influence across one or more of these domains.
- Be embedded into a software engineering team with responsibility and deliverables
- Regularly ship code to production
- Manage a summer internship project and present it to Roblox leadership
- Work inclusively with Roblox’s design, product, data, QA, and DevOps teams.
- Gain valuable and marketable experience building one of the fastest growing software platforms in Silicon Valley
- Required: Pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field. Internship eligibility is dependent on students returning to school for at least one semester after the internship.
- Working towards mastery of one or more programming languages such as Go, Node.js, Ruby, Python, C++, Lua, Swift, C# or Java.
- Eager to work with industry-leading frameworks and libraries.
- Passionate about games, community-driven content generation, and social networking.
- Excited about learning and creating great experiences as you work with your team to reach collective goals.
Please note the Company may not be able to employ candidates who have United States work authorization related to certain U.S. visa categories, or support future H-1B sponsorship at this time.
Duration: 12 week internship
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual hourly rate could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. Please note that not all benefits shown below are applicable to internship opportunities.
Hourly Pay Range
$60 – $64 USD
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.