OverwatchJob Title: Software Engineer, Gameplay Requisition ID: R021812 Job Description:
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced gameplay programmer to join the Overwatch development team. The ideal candidate has broad gameplay development experience from architecting gameplay systems to player facing user interface (UI). They should have a longstanding passion for playing games and should be excited at the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
We’re looking for a Gameplay Engineer that shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work.
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful.
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes.
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback.
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success.
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience.
- Maintain familiarity of the game’s design, for both the live product and for all on-going expansions.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and code.
- Play an active role in supporting the game by helping address issues in production.
- Own systems vertically from the back end to the player facing UI.
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games.
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game programming.
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra.
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, gameplay scripting, FX, or user interface or online networking.
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework.
- Able to speak “Designer” and “Artist” fluently.
- Bachelor’s degrees in computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field.
- Experience with multiplayer First-Person Shooters.
- Experience with visual scripting languages such as Blueprint or Kismet.
- Prior development working with client/server game systems.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected]. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $37.26 – $68.93 Hourly. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.