EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, EA Sports FC, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We’ve supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fierce fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We’re growing the studio and hope you’ll consider joining us.
Perhaps our Generalist Software Engineer appeals to you! You will report to a senior engineering team member and work with the team to solve a broad category of problems we encounter in game development.
- Work with the senior engineering team in solving complex problems across the tech stack using C++ and C#.
- Design & implement primary technology features that facilitate running a sports simulation at 60hz across a variety of platforms.
- Enhance existing systems to solve the needs of the art or gameplay teams.
- Manage features and collaborate with team members.
- Evaluate and integrate 3rd party libraries.
- 5+ years of professional C++ experience.
- Advanced debugging skills.
- Familiarity with a Visual Studio / Windows development environment.
- 2+ years of experience developing, debugging, and shipping software features.
- Work in and comprehend a large codebase with working technologies.
- A high level of comfort reasoning about multi-threaded code, its performance characteristics, and interactions with other systems.
- Willingness to context switch to unfamiliar features/tasks to keep a project on track.
- Experience with AWS, MSBuild, SQL.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Experience with console development environments (PlayStation/Xbox/Nintendo).
- Shipped console or PC games.