Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our dynamic platform engineering and infrastructure support team, where you will be immersed in a stimulating environment that uses a wide range of cutting-edge technologies. This role is ideal for a professional with a strong background in Kubernetes and Golang, who thrives in a collaborative setting and is passionate about Cloud Native based technologies and innovative solutions. You will work in collaboration with experienced teams that have collectively built and worked on games as well as backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life. We strive to stay relevant and innovate in our development approaches as well as with our services. Many of our software engineers are “polyglots” and strive in multiple environments. This role reports to the Technical Director.
As a Software Engineer, You Will
- Craft Kubernetes operators for our CRDs, to improve our operations and enhance the scalability of our systems.
- Develop Golang-based software components ranging from APIs, CLIs and Webhooks, contributing to the robustness and efficiency of our backend operations.
- Create elaborate build pipelines, playing an important role in the continuous integration and deployment of our software solutions.
- Contribute to our multi-cloud strategy and enhancing our ability to use the best features of different cloud platforms using technologies such as Crossplane.
- Collaborate with our game studios, providing them with the support they need to use the assets we build, and gathering their feedback to inform our ongoing development efforts.
The most important skills we are looking for are expertise with Kubernetes and Golang. You do not need to meet every requirement to be considered for this role. Even if you do not check every box, please apply if you feel you can carry on a dialog about your Kubernetes and Golang proficiencies.
- 5+ years of active work experience in cloud computing in general
- A minimum of 2 years of active experience using Kubernetes, with a fairly good overall understanding of its inner workings
- Experience with Kubernetes packaging technologies such as HELM or Kustomize
- Hands-on experience creating CI/CD pipelines and assets
- Proficient in Golang, with an understanding of its ecosystems
- Experience writing unit tests based on TDD principles
- Experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP (Azure is a plus).
- Communication skills – verbal & written fluency required for collaborating on a global team.
- You will lead features from design to deployment, including live service support.
- Hands-on experience with writing Kubernetes operators
- Familiarity with other cloud-native technologies (ex. Istio, CertManager, Crossplane, ArgoCD…).
- Hands-on experience crafting HELM Charts
Us Compensation And Benefits
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):º $130,250 – $199,400
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):º $120,450 – $199,400
- Jersey City, NJ:º $147,400 – $199,400
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):º $120,450 – $161,750
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):º $120,450 – $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.