At Unity, we believe XR is going to be increasingly important. We are the platform of choice for XR developers today and intend to remain that way. As the XR ecosystem evolves and immersive computing becomes more prevalent, we want to be ready.
As a member of the XR Input team focused on gaze, and eye tracking, you will be responsible for building features such as user-defined eye/gaze tracking, including both runtime and tools that enable creators to ship immersive experiences to all the XR platforms that Unity supports, from smartphone AR, VR and AR head mounted displays, to as yet unannounced hardware.
Your mission will be to add to and improve all things XR Input – primarily gaze and eye tracking – all the way down to the platform APIs that support them, as well as improving and crafting supporting intuitive workflows. If making all things XR related reach their full potential drives you, Unity should be the next stop in your career!
XR is a growing team within Unity. Youll have the opportunity to shape the future of this exciting area as well as learn and grow along the way.
What youll be doing
- Building new features from the ground up and authoring intuitive workflows, primarily for gaze and eye tracking
- Creating a consistent API across multiple platforms
- Working with internal teams and platform providers to let developers write once and ship anywhere
- Closely collaborating with Quality Assurance to ensure the best possible product
- Participating in an active development team. You will be reviewing code, improving the quality of our products and giving input to our future direction
What were looking for
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Expertise with C++, C#, and interop between the two
- Working knowledge of Unity
- Great teamwork and interpersonal skills, including strong communication skills and a proactive work ethic
- Experience or interest in XR application development
You might also have
- Proven understanding of geometry and linear algebra
- Profiling and optimization experience
- 3D rendering
- International relocation support is not available for this position.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit
Click To Reveal ExLink.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out
Click To Reveal ExLink to let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our
Click To Reveal ExLink and Click To Reveal ExLink Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at Click To Reveal Email .
*Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base pay for the role. The actual base pay for the successful candidate may differ based on location and level.
Gross pay salary
$149,600 — $202,500 USD
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Eye Tracking