At Ubisoft, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritising equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.
As a Senior Vehicle Handling Designer, you’ll excel in an environment that allows you to influence design and implementation of key vehicle systems. You’re detail-orientated and can work iteratively to provide optimal solutions to various middleware mechanics and physics-related requests. You’ll see the bigger picture, promoting best practices, guidelines and standards alongside programmers, designers and producers to help balance the creative vision with constraints.
You’re looking for a creatively rewarding, exciting opportunity to work on new experiences, that provides stimulating challenges that have yet to be explored in the gaming industry.
You will collaborate and communicate with finesse and ease, conversing with a dynamic and diverse group of gifted designers and developers to ensure momentum and steer the projects through each stage of their processes. You are that trusted colleague, that your peers can count on when requiring a resolution.
As our next Senior Vehicle Handling Designer, you’ll be accountable for middleware craft, documentation and design briefs in aid of technical improvements, project support, including suggestive actions on specific behaviours, and liaising with wider organisation teams. Therefore, effective communication, composure and problem-solving skills are imperative.
What you’ll bring
- Client-facing experience, working towards a brief to provide design concepts.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle physics.
- Knowledge of vehicles, including but not limited to real-world, gaming, simulation, eRacing.
- Experience of working on a gaming title(s) with vehicle physics (nice to have).
Joining Ubisoft, you’ll be part of some of the next biggest titles in AAA gaming. You’ll build upon your ongoing success and place your own stamp by applying your passion for design and helping shape our games, people and our collective future. The creative freedom that we offer will be pivotal to your continuous development in the business.
What we’ll provide
- Everything you need to keep your life in balance – hybrid working, flexible core hours, 25 days of annual leave plus Christmas shutdown and a plan that will enable you to work from anywhere in the EU for up to four weeks per year
- Life insurance, income insurance, private healthcare, an annual well-being allowance and more
- Generous resources committed to your perpetual personal and professional development
- Investment in our community with paid volunteering days
- Fun and entertainment with free games, activities and celebrations
- Generous relocation support – should you need it
READY TO APPLY?
We aim to build the world’s most distinctive and diverse gaming studio; therefore, we strongly encourage you to apply. We’d love to hear about you and your background.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections and Luke Murtagh, our Talent Acquisition Partner who is managing this vacancy:
- TA Partner:
- Linkedin Reflections:
At Ubisoft Reflections, we aspire to be a workplace where EVERYONE is supported, empowered, and invited to join the game. We believe that by prioritizing equity and inclusivity, we fuel creative endeavours and craft gameplay experiences that reflect and respect our uniquely talented game-makers and outstanding players.