Senior Experience Designer
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield’s DICE LA, is a Los Angeles-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Experience Designer like you to join us in our mission to create amazing games and experiences, and to elevate ourselves and our craft. This role will report to our Studio Design Line Director. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome remote candidates in Canada to apply.
- Collaborate with, and take direction from, the Associate Experience Design Director and Design Director to take important UX-heavy features from concept to completion on a large project
- Work with other designers and engineers, to understand and determine UX goals for new and evolving features
- Independently design solutions: concepts, wireframes, and prototypes while iterating based on your research, team feedback, and user feedback
- Create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups to conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors for multiple environments and audiences
- Build rapid prototypes for iterative design, ensuring they make for the best possible player experience
- Document and promote awareness of UX standards, and push to improve UX design workflow processes
- 5+ years of experience in UX design
- Shipped at least 1 game or large-scale non-game project, in a UX design role
- Passion for user-centered design, and a fascination for understanding how users experience a product
- Proficient in user experience design tools (e.g. Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe XD, Axure, or Omnigraffle)
- Understand the importance of documentation and teaching others
- Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful feedback processes
- Broad taste in games
Valuable Additional Skills
- Experience developing UX for AAA games, multiplayer games, live service games or FPS genre
- Understand interaction design on console, pc and mobile
- Degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or related HCI discipline
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that appreciates creativity and individuality.
As part of the application process, we may ask you to complete a practical work exercise. Apply online with a resume that includes a portfolio link.