Job Title: Senior Technical Producer
Requisition ID: R021721
Activision Central Tech is seeking a highly skilled and motivated senior producer to drive the success of our Core Development initiatives. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire product development lifecycle, aligning technical requirements across stakeholders, and collaborating with various teams to achieve shared technology goals.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Product Development Lifecycle: Lead the full product development lifecycle, from gathering requirements to prioritizing features, assisting in writing specifications, and ensuring alignment with strategic technology development goals.
- Stakeholder Alignment: Work closely with stakeholders across all the Call of Duty studios to align technical requirements and foster collaboration among teams.
- Project Planning: Develop project schedules, implementation plans, status reports, burndown charts, and shared technical roadmaps across studios.
- Resource Management: Balance resources across multiple projects, ensuring efficient allocation and staffing to meet technology roadmaps. Work closely with studio Producers to ensure resources are properly allocated amongst project initiatives.
- Project Oversight: Manage project backlogs, track progress, identify critical issues, and escalate blockers. Monitor project velocity and highlight risks. Drive recurring project updates (E.g., Team meetings / stand-ups, Post-mortems, Sprint Kick-offs)
- Reporting: Provide regular, timely, and accurate reporting to stakeholders and leadership, including KPIs to track project timeliness and quality.
- Process Enhancement: Collaborate with internal resourcing teams with PMG and studios to optimize development efficiency and enhance the structure and communication within Core Development teams.
- Documentation: Create wireframes, process flow diagrams, UI mock-ups, and other documentation to support project requirements.
- Leadership Goals: Deliver set goals as determined by leadership partners across different studios, driving the development of shared technology capabilities.
- Communication: Excellent communicator with the ability to lead multiple teams with sometimes divergent requirements along different timelines. Comfortable with building trust in a large organization with many independent operating functional units.
Production & Project Management:
- 5+ years of production or other project management background, preferably in the games space or other software-forward environment on either client or backend.
- Skilled with project management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and communication infrastructure such as Slack and Miro.
- A track record of helping ship software products in a timely manner or in rapid development cycles.
- Successful project planning, leading completion, and the timely delivery of quality projects.
- Deep experience with each stage of software development lifecycle, from inception, design and implementation, through to QA and deployment.
Nice to have:
- Experience working on AAA and/or first-person shooter games.
- While not required, a technical degree such as a computer engineer or similar experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with data protection laws and regulatory requirements a plus.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting .
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $92,920.00 – $171,814.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.