Duration: Full Time
Location: Liverpool or Remote
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Animator to leverage their expertise in the latest animation pipelines and techniques on an exciting new console title.
The successful candidate will work with the content and programming teams to develop and maintain animation pipelines by:
- Working with the animation, programming, art and design team to support their day-to-day animation needs.
- Helping to develop, maintain and improve tools, systems and pipelines to improve workflow efficiencies for Animators, Riggers, 3D Character and Vehicle Artists.
- Mentoring junior team members within both the technical, and animation disciplines.
- Skinning, Rigging and Animating characters and working with the art and design teams to bring these to life.
- Setup, debug and assist fixing animation content within the game.
- Ensure character animation production is efficient at each step through the pipeline.
- Experience of using 3rd party engines such as Unreal Engine.
- Experience as a Technical Animator or Senior Animator on shipped PC or Console titles.
- Expertise in rigging and skinning assets.
- Extensive knowledge of art and animation systems and pipelines.
- Proficiency in Maya, Motionbuilder or equivalent DCC.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Mel.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Experience on AAA console games.
- Experience with UE5 character systems such as Control Rig, IK Rig.
- Knowledge of various motion capture solutions
The interview process for the Senior Technical Animator role is made up of 2 stages:
- First interview (45 minutes) – An informal chat to discuss your experience and working history relating to the position with the Technical Art Director and Animation Director. In return, we will provide a full overview of the role, life at the studio as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Final interview (30 minutes) – A final Interview with our Studio Head and Studio Production Director. This will be a chance for you to get to know the Senior Management team and all the things that make Lucid, Lucid! You will have a lot of opportunities to ask any questions about the studio and Culture.
Our recruitment process typically takes 2-4 weeks depending on availability. We work our process around your availability and try to be as accommodating as possible. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch prior to your first interview and will keep in contact throughout the process. If you have any specific questions prior to this please contact [email protected]Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We can provide suitable adjustments during our recruitment processes. Should you require adjustments/flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Lucid, please let us know in the notes/cover letter section of your application. This will not affect your application.