Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Sr. Software – Site Reliability Engineer working closely with our Storage Platform team, you’ll support Roblox’s storage platform by designing and maintaining our large-scale OLTP data store, cache, Kafka and Object Storage infrastructure while contributing to our internal Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings. This role will be a mixture of Software Engineering and Reliability work. This role will report to our Director of Reliability.
- Experience designing & operating large-scale distributed systems handling billions of real-time requests per second.
- Deep Knowledge in one or more following technologies: Caching (Redis), Kafka , Distributed database (CockroachDB), OLAP, Object Storage system
- Expertise in Key-Value Stores
- Experience with system configuration management with familiarity in Automation tools.
- Experience in building automation on top of container orchestrators like Kubernetes or Nomad and service discovery systems like Consul
- Experience with programming languages, like Python or Go
- Experience with telemetry stacks, like Grafana, Prometheus monitoring, AlertManager and Kibana
- Experience with Linux systems and shells
- BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science, with at least 5 years of hands on experience
- Have a role in designing and implementing our internal Infra-as-a-Service offerings on top of a container orchestrator platform
- Specialized in reliability engineering and support multiple distributed Storage services
- Build automation and frameworks to manage platform infrastructure, services and handle different software or hardware faults
- Measure and optimize system availability, reliability and performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and improving
- Improve service Service level agreement and end-end rollout time of our suite of software solutions
This is a hybrid role, and requires 3 days/ week in our San Mateo headquarters.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.