Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences- all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device.We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Avatar In-Experience Creation team, you will use the Roblox game engine to build experiences that push the boundaries of our avatar technology, and build creative applications that make Roblox avatars simple and delightful to use. You will tackle the biggest projects, provide technical leadership, and coordinate with teams across Roblox to build systems used by tens of millions of monthly players and developers while reporting to the Engineering Manager.
You are passionate about building outstanding APIs in the Roblox game engine helping Roblox developers build industry-leading avatar editing in their experiences. This technology will allow in experience creation of avatar assets. You’ll work with Avatar technologies such as animation, clothing, hair, and shading. in game or film development is especially translatable into this team and role.
- 5+ years of professional experience working on a consumer-facing game engine/ game/application in C++
- 5+ years experience working on character building / customization systems, editors, and content creation tools
- Experience with 3D math, data structures, algorithms, and networking
- Experience building online console or mobile game titles
- Experience with game or film character systems such as animation, rigid-body or cloth/hair physics, or shading
- Implement groundbreaking features in Roblox game engine to build the best avatar system in the world
- Build APIs for Roblox developers ensuring in-experience creation of Roblox Avatars from scratch while enhancing avatar fidelity and uniqueness on Roblox
- Use the Roblox game engine to build excellent vertical applications for multiple platforms (mobile, tablet, PC, and console)
- Refactor and improve our existing codebase while improving system reliability, performance, and test coverage
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.