Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer on Experience Containerization, you will help create cross-platform technology that powers UI and business logic in the Metaverse, based on Roblox’ own game engine. Your work will form a solid foundation for both Roblox’ internal engineers and third-party creators to make robust, performant, and delightful user experiences spanning 2d and 3d environments. When coding, you will focus on long-term objectives instead of shipping features fast.
Join Experience Containerization if you enjoy working on complex client-side systems, building mission-critical frameworks, and getting ahead of scale problems so that others don’t have to. Your work will form the bedrock upon which many people will stand for a long time to come. You’ll report to a Senior Engineering Manager on the Experience Containerization team. #LI-Hybrid
- Build frameworks and cross-platform systems that power awesome features used by hundreds of millions of users
- Lead communication between other engineering teams, product, design, and QA to identify and solve the right problems
- Use best programming practices, optimizing code to be performant, reliable, and easy to maintain
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests for the code you write
- Take the long view, writing code that levers up to what is appropriate several years down the road
- 5+ years of experience building apps on desktop or mobile with complex flows
- Proficiency with technologies similar to React/Redux, React Native, or native platform UI toolkits
- Interest in working on a new UI platform inspired by React and powered by the Roblox game engine
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.