Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
About the role:
The Hybrid Cloud pod enables Roblox Service owners to securely integrate with all Clouds. We have many challenges including building a system that is scalable and an extension of our core on premise infrastructure so we can enable our customers to create. This includes building a Control Plane, an amazing UX for our internal customers, and a provisioning engine to lay the foundation for third-party Cloud (and on prem) management. You will report to Rishi Sharma to shape the future of infrastructure management at Roblox.
- Architect AWS accounts to satisfy requirements of Roblox teams in analytics, machine learning, and more.
- Maintain large-scale AWS cloud deployments supporting Roblox game structure.
- Arrange and coordinate direct connections between cloud services and on premise resources
- Develop and maintain edge and backbone network infrastructure solutions to meet the large-scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ to ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world.
- Solve critical problems and prevent them from re-occurring via root cause analysis and automation.
- Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure the goal of scalability and high availability can be achieved.
- Participate in the on-call rotation for our critical infrastructure pieces around the globe.
- 4+ years of production level software development experience.
- Knowledge of Orchestration and enabling technologies like Hashicorp Nomad, Vault and Consul or Kubernetes
- The ability to use infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Organizational competence in infrastructure using labeling, tagging and logical partitions to manage ever growing infrastructure
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.