At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences. Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive, multicultural team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations. We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
We are looking for a Senior Rendering Programmer for our programming team in Vancouver, who is going to work in Unreal Engine 5 to push the boundaries of visual quality in Project Orion – the follow-up to Cyberpunk 2077. You will collaborate with engineers and artists across the company to ensure consistent performance and quality of our products. If you’re someone who wants to help to breathe life and realism into our games: this is the job for you!
- Maintaining and optimizing existing rendering systems.
- Designing and developing new rendering solutions for large scale problems.
- Debugging and bug fixing.
- Working closely with art departments and art directors to provide effective solutions.
- Meeting deadlines and producing high quality code.
- 5+ years of industry experience.
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Real-time computer graphics knowledge.
- Experience with one or more low-level graphics API (DirectX11, DirectX12, OpenGL, Vulkan, console, etc.).
- Professional knowledge of Unreal Engine, preferably a shipped title with UE technology.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of other game engines.
- Experience with at least one graphics debugging tool (RenderDoc, Pix, console-specific, etc.).
- Console development experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field.
- Competitive salary.
- Health benefits with an HSA account.
- Responsible work-life balance with flexible hours and paid overtime.
- 20 days of paid vacation per year (26 days after 2 years of working at CD PROJEKT RED).
- A modern indie-style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on high-budget AAA games.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Office located near transit and bike routes with onsite parking available.