Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAAA’s game in order to offer the best gaming experiences to our players. Today, the studio has more than 400 talents, from 15 different nationalities, who work on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Beyond Good & Evil 2, plus other unannounced free-to-play games. We are also working on exciting technologies with the Anvil team, Online services teams and with La Forge who seek to validate the value of technological innovations.
Anvil is a game engine developed in-house at Ubisoft and used throughout our studios to create the company’s most iconic video games. In the Anvil team, we are deeply motivated to equip our developers and content creators to make the most innovative, visually stunning and rewarding games for players. If you join us, you’ll be able to work closely with multiple production teams and contribute to the game engine with the most powerful tools and services available. What are you waiting for to join the Anvil community?
As a Senior Tools Programmer, you will be the technical lead in an international and multicultural team. You will collaborate closely with production team members to discuss and assess their needs.
What you will do
- You will lead a team of programmers and take part in design solutions meetings
- You will propose improvements to production needs, designing and implementing new systems
- Develop common systems that will support test automation features and facilitate their integration into the game engine
- Work in collaboration with international teams – especially tools and engine teams – from other domains
- Identify and fix bugs in collaboration with Quality Control teams
- Follow up on failed tests with production and Anvil team
- Contribute to documentation for knowledge management for your team and the others to better understand how to use new systems and features
What you will bring
- Strong experience with C# and good knowledge of WPF/.Net
- Good knowledge of C++
- Skills with real-time programming ou multithread constraints
- Previous experience with web development, ideally Angular or ASP.NET
- Knowledge of databases SQL and NoSQL
- You are driven by continuous development of tools to increase productivity (solution design)
- You are recognize for your communication skills (in English) for bringing your technical expertise to the team
- You are able to analyze situations and identify the best course of action, depending on possibilities and constraints of the project
- You have good time management skills and proactive to find solutions
- You are passionate about video games and their production constraints
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that’s why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
This job is open for a permanent contract, not for a freelancing contract.
- Interview with our Tech recruter
- Technical assesment
- Interview(s) with our internal teams
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.