Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as Borderlands, Wonderlands, NBA 2K, BioShock, Mafia, PGA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Manager for Business Analysis who excels at developing effective analytical models and frameworks to optimize business decision making, collecting data directly from company data sources (i.e., SQL, Tableau) and effectively collaborating and communicating across functions to improve business performance.
You are a structured problem-solver and data-driven decision maker. You take a detailed approach to implementing recommendations and building cross-functional influence. You work very well with colleagues across functions, geographies, and skills to orchestrate and communicate a coherent strategy and execution. You enjoy looking at the big picture and then translating that to specific execution that you analyze and iterate on to improve. You are great at telling a thoughtful story to describe and evangelize your view while welcoming and incorporating feedback from partners. You enjoy structuring an ambiguous and complex problem and testing-and-learning from hypotheses. You have an analytical background and operational experience achieving results and implementing growth plans in dynamic, complex situations with a range of partners.
What You Will Do
- Use Microsoft Excel to build product or sales forecasts, user growth models, user engagement models and additional analytical projects.
- Create, modify and maintain SQL queries within Snowflake (and other tools) to analyze sales data and player behaviors.
- Use sales and player data to build presentations that thoughtfully convey the story of what is happening, why, and what to do next.
- Support commercial team projects, meetings and reviews by collecting, analyzing, summarizing and presenting as needed on a variety of topics.
- Develop and report critical metrics, models, and analyses for game insights and to rally teams to recommended actions. This includes building impactful, clear and compelling charts, graphs and reports.
- Evaluate and find opportunities and challenges with game performance (user, gameplay, systems, monetization, telemetry) and create compelling summaries on how various teams can use these insights to improve performance.
- Partner with data science colleagues to prioritize, develop and use sophisticated machine learning models with the goal of optimizing business results, improving decision making and enhancing the customer experience.
- Establish working rhythms, analytical frameworks, and operating processes to guide cross-functional teams in partnership.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- You are highly experienced and hands-on with Excel, SQL, PowerPoint/Google Slides, and Tableau and are capable of using advanced analytical tools and techniques to effectively and efficiently support data-driven decision making.
- You have foundational work experience with analytics for physical and digital products and services, a learning mentality, and drive for quality results and execution.
- You are equally comfortable in discovery and production phases of a project and thrive in the start-up stage and scaling stage of business operations to drive growth.
- You have excellent communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization and personality types – having the information is one thing, you enjoy and excel at evangelizing insights, organizing teamwork, and persuading colleagues, peers, and leaders to action.
- You create great chemistry with others, are purposeful and dedicated with your energy, and raise everyone’s game around you. You prize team success over individual achievement.
What Skills Are Needed
- 5+ years of professional experience in a business analyst role, with demonstrable skills in Excel, SQL, PowerPoint/Google Slides, Tableau and data analysis.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and business judgment to model sophisticated scenarios and apply insights to strategy and planning.
- Experience packaging and presenting your analysis, conclusions and recommendations to executives and senior leaders within your company.
- Video games industry experience and/or a strong passion and knowledge of console and PC games.
- Knowledge and/or application of Statistics and Machine Learning is a plus.
- Management Consulting or Investment Banking experience is a plus.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.