Who We Are
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio that creates influential AAA video game experiences across all major platforms. The studio is based in four locations around the world: Brighton (UK), Brno & Prague (Czech Republic) and across the US, working collaboratively as one team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work with some of the most talented developers in the industry, on creatively challenging and exciting projects, in a diverse and welcoming environment.
Our focus is on making the highest quality games with sustainable, healthy development plans; to tell stories that engage players through worlds and experiences that keep them hooked from start to finish.
We strive to be a studio that our team members know they can make a difference and grow professionally alongside creating games they are proud of.
What We Need
An experienced Technical Designer that can ensure designers have the best tools, enabling them to do their very best, so that the next Mafia game can be truly extraordinary.
The Lead Technical Designer manages the Technical Design team and works with programmers to help establish best practices and policies for all Design across the studio to ensure that we use Unreal Engine in the most performant way.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Design and implement the systems and tools required to make design content quickly, efficiently, and effortlessly.
- Implement technically complex design elements directly into the game.
- Collaborate with the Technical Directors on future engine improvements for design, design tools, and systems for design
- Act as a Power User for all design tools to ensure that they perform adequately and hit the desired outcomes.
- Help to establish standards across the team, from scripting to metrics to efficient toolset use.
- Identify risks and roadblocks ahead of time and bring solutions.
- Lead a team of Technical Designers to shape the game systems and design tools for the team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team.
- Empower the team to deliver high quality work.
- Collaborate with Production to ensure delivery of features, systems and assets, on time and to required quality.
What We’re Looking For
- A can-do, empowering attitude – passion for making the teams around you to be the best designers possible.
- Shipped at least one AAA title in a Senior Technical Design role or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine Editor.
- Strong ability to script in visual scripting systems and an understanding of C++.
- Leadership skills that include truly caring about the career growth of those that work for you and around you
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Great communication skills
Hangar 13 prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request reasonable accommodation.
SECURITY NOTICE – We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from “potential candidates”, in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please note that 2K Games and Hangar 13 never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and Hangar13Games.com accounts.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at and detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.