Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The Creator Foundation team focuses on building next-generation product platforms that enable our engineering teams to create world-class products. From building real-time systems that powers cross-platform notifications to driving engagement with personalized homepage. We tackle complex foundational engineering challenges in a way that helps all our products.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in the team, you will lead projects building world class tools, frameworks and solutions to improve end user productivity, amplify creator success and increase developer joy. You will excel if you are curious, can contribute broadly, and drive scalable technical solutions across our business domains. You will report to Engineer, Manager, Creator Success, Foundation. This role will be based in San Mateo, CA.
We currently work with TypeScript, React, NextJS, but the ability to adapt with changing technology is an important strength.
- Build and own customer-facing products that enables millions of Creators within our platforms
- Guide Frontend infrastructure projects that powers all of the Creator Web products
- Collaborate with designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Work with other members of the team at headquarters in San Mateo, California.
- Experience, 4+ plus years of work experience building world-class UIs
- Passion about building a great UI/UX experience through continuous improvements and rapid iterations
- Interest in new technology and product experiences
- Curiosity in other’s perspective to further yours
- Interest in evolving design systems and building tools to amplify others
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.