We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support flexible/hybrid working options.
Are you an experienced Build Engineer? Do you enjoy using your skills to automate and help others to be able to perform their jobs easier?
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Senior Build Engineer and join our passionate and talented team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
You will work closely with our in-house engine team as well as internal game project teams, to maintain and improve our internal build and asset processing systems. This is an exciting opportunity to work at an independent AAA multi-project studio and help make all the games Rebellion is working on as good as they can be.
- Develop and improve automation solutions and developer workflows
- Extend and improve existing build processes and systems
- Diagnose and fix errors that occur in developer or continuous integration workflows
- Maintaining and improving existing tools written in Python and other scripting languages
- Analyse, communicate and assist with build results and issues
- Improve continuous integration processes (eg. improving the use of Jenkins)
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion and our games
- Extensive professional experience with automating build processes
- Excellent use of continuous integration platforms such as Jenkins
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Python and C++.
- Experience of source control using Perforce or similar.
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation and organisational skills. With an ability to collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products. If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: