Team Name: Unannounced Project
Job Title: Senior Designer, Missions – Unannounced Survival Game
Requisition ID: R020525
As a Senior Mission Designer, you will help bring to life memorable and highly engaging playable moments that leverage your world building talents of telling interesting stories. Your efforts will help strengthen Blizzard’s core value of Gameplay First.
You will also leverage your experience and knowledge of creating best in class missions to mentor junior mission designers, while working with other team members in a collaborative setting.
We believe that our team is good. Really good. Granted, we’re obviously biased. But we also believe there are lots of developers out there who can make us even better. You could be one of those people. If you’re looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, we believe our team could be a phenomenal fit for you. Join us and help craft our future!
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
What you bring to the table:
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
We need your help with:
- Creating the rules that define the content in the world.
- Creating structures that allow players to write their own story.
- Mentoring junior and aspiring mission designers, as well as providing new perspectives to other designers.
- Crafting compelling scenarios and encounters that tell engaging stories.
- Embracing Blizzard’s core value of “Every voice matters,” creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
You’re good at:
- 7+ years of experience creating missions/quests and the frameworks that missions are built from. Or combination of education and experience.
- Being willing to let players miss the nuance of what you created in favor of creating their own stories and experiences.
- Finding unique and fun ways for players to experience the world.
- Pitching mission concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
- Being good at organization and meeting deadlines.
- Self-critiquing and accept outside feedback.
- Being self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
Extra awesome points for:
- Experience with mission design for AAA games.
- Having a desire to explore what missions can be in a survival game context.
- Enjoy playing a variety of video game genres and titles.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected]. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting .
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $80,800.00 – $149,400.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.