At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar San Diego is looking for talented Mission Designers whose skill set combines technical excellence with a passion for making games. As part of the Missions team, you will be using an in-house suite of tools to create fun and exhilarating missions. You’ll be required to collaborate with a range of disciplines such as AI, Physics, Animation, UI, and Data Management among others.
WHAT WE DO
• The Missions Team creates moments of exciting action gameplay, ultra-real slices of ambient life, and everything in between, implementing many of the complex systems that underpin our worlds.
• Our content spans many genres and types of gameplay. Our designers bring their wide knowledge of gaming, game design and outside culture to make every aspect of our game’s world class.
• We assume responsibility for developing our content and systems, creating scripts which are often complex and intricate – both for single player and online games.
• Creative thinking is an important part of what we do, and while we work to design briefs, designers have many opportunities to shape our games from the ground up.
• We work closely with all departments in the company, bringing together narrative, art, code systems, UI, networking, animation, audio and many other elements to create immersive gameplay.
• Author exciting new content using our in-house tools.
• Work to program game content or systems while meeting strict deadlines.
• Liaise with artists, animators, and programmers to create compelling content.
• Provide clear and detailed reports of bugs to other teams.
• A Computer Science or Game Design degree is considered an advantage. However, relevant experience is taken into consideration.
• Strong C# programming ability.
• A good understanding of object-oriented programming patterns.
• Experience with visual scripting tools.
• Excellent communication, technical & problem-solving skills.
• Highly organized with proven ability to deliver on deadlines.
• A game design-oriented mindset, and a passion for creating games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
• Prior experience working in medium to large sized development teams.
• Experience of game design/scripting in a professional environment.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
The pay range for this position in San Diego at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
*San Diego Pay Range