Job Title: Senior Realtime VFX Artist – Digital LegendsRequisition ID: R021827 Job Description:
Digital Legends is an Activision independent Studio based in Barcelona, formed by industry veterans and emerging talent who are focused on delivering a AAA gaming experience to mobile devices. Since it was founded in 2001, the studio has been a pioneer in mobile game development. It has a long, established history as a leading mobile development studio with a number of high-quality mobile titles built from the ground-up to its credits, including the award winning The Respawnables™ series of games. We are creating an all-new, AAA mobile experience that will bring the thrilling, fluid and large-scale action of Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile to players on the go.
We are looking for a Senior Realtime VFX Artist to join our team! Who will be responsible for the creation from start to finish of jaw dropping VFX that play a crucial part in gameplay while keeping the game running at the desired framerate.
- Design, create and implement particle effects and systems.
- Build astounding visual effects that communicate crucial game information.
- Push the boundaries of what is technically possible to implement AAA worthy VFX that will breathe life onto the games you work on.
- Work closely with artists, designers and programmers to ensure that visual effects are of the high quality and enhance the overall game experience.
- Actively seek to improve the current tools by proposing new features or giving feedback on usability.
- Experience with realtime VFX, offline VFX is a plus
- Good portfolio of effects/projects with any engine.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proactive in finding creative and effective solutions to eliminate difficult problems
- Understanding of VFX / PostFX integration and performance impacts
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of spoken and written English
IT’S ALWAYS A PLUS:
- Shader knowledge
- Max or Maya script knowledge
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- A wide range of perks such as private health and dental insurance, ticket restaurant, wellbeing voucher, 25 days + xmas period holidays and more.
- And a great team of super skilled individuals that can help you grow as a professional.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide. Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do. At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.