Team Name: Cinematics
Job Title: Senior Surfacing Artist II
Requisition ID: R021501
Are you a maestro at orchestrating projects, people, and processes? Are you able to obsess over the details while keeping the big picture in mind? Do you enjoy a deeply fast-paced and fluid work environment that requires impeccable creative problem-solving and critical-thinking skills to ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standards? If you answer yes to these questions you might be the perfect fit to be our Surfacing Artist.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a Senior Surfacing Artist II for its Cinematics department. You should have experience working with painting tools to achieve a range of stylized to photo-real surfaces as well as look development experience setting up shaders to achieve a variety of material properties. You are organized and creative, with the ability to solve problems efficiently.
- Focus on surfacing assets in production, can be trusted with more difficult assets.
- Provide production support when and where it’s needed.
- Good, thorough understanding of Surfacing/Lookdev.
- Efficient in industry standard texturing tools like Mari and Substance Painter.
- Experience with renderers like PrMan, redshift, or similar.
- Ability to provide feedback on how to improve the texture workflow.
- Understand what the Show Lead needs in terms of asset creation and production support.
- 7 Years working in Animation/VFX/Games as a Surfacing Artist/Lighting Artist or Look Developer.
- Experience of at least 5 years working with Mari and/or Substance Painter.
- Experience working in production with Renderers like PRMan, Redshift, or similar.
- Resume (PDF please)
- Link to a Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills. Please include any passwords on your resume that are needed to review your portfolio.
- Breakdown of the work on your reel
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g., website, blog or online album)
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all the qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.