Gameloft Brisbane, part of the global Gameloft family, opened in 2014 and since then has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball, My Little Pony Mane Merge, and multi-award-winning The Oregon Trail™. In 2022, Gameloft Brisbane was announced as the winner of the coveted ‘Studio of the Year’ at the Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDAs).
We believe the keys to success are a great studio culture and finding a balance in everything we do, whether it’s working with great people on exciting projects or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia.
We’re setting our sights on an exciting new direction in game development, embracing the challenges and opportunities of cross-platform innovation. As pioneers in leading Brisbane’s game development landscape, we’re dedicated to crafting immersive experiences that transcend traditional boundaries and engage players across diverse platforms. As we venture into this exciting phase, we’re also expanding our talented team to bring to life a range of unannounced projects.
We are looking for a highly talented and motivated Senior 3D Character Artist to play a key role across a wide variety of cross-platform projects in the Brisbane studio.
Your contribution to the team will be pivotal in generating high-quality character models for the project, while also ensuring seamless integration in accordance with technical limitations and artistic vision.
You’ll collaborate with a seasoned team known for consistently delivering quality products. The ideal candidate should showcase outstanding attention to detail, a strong creative aptitude, and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Contributing to the art vision for the Characters
- Ensure that all aspects of character art production are completed on a timely basis to a high standard.
- Create documentation, and technical guides to help communicate workflow and efficiency knowledge, as well as artistic expertise.
- Prototype new technologies on the given platforms and Define budgets for the given platforms.
- Creating a substantial portion of character assets based on the established art vision. Working on these assets from initial concept to final implementation and testing
- Working closely with all major departments in the work (Art, Design, Code,) to ensure all requirements for the characters are gathered and well understood
- Working within the Character Team but reporting directly to the Art Lead and with regular art direction.
- At least 5 years of professional production experience.
- An understanding of how game-play and real-time issues can affect a Senior Artist’s work, and the ability to develop techniques to compensate for such limitations.
- Strong understanding of the impact of lighting in real-time engines.
- The ability to create game-ready assets that work well within the given technical limitations
- Strong understanding 3D applications, Maya, Zbrush and Substance Painter.
- An excellent understanding of the full pipeline for getting Character assets into a game engine
- Enjoy working across multiple disciplines
- Mentoring and guiding the more junior members of the team
- Capability of conveying important information to all relevant departments in the work including designers, graphics programmers, production staff, and Lead artists
- Bonus Unreal knowledge
- Flexible work model
- Learning and development programs
- Private Health Insurance and fitness subsidies
- Relaxation space and massage chair
- Access to employee mental health assistance
- Additional leave including birthday, Christmas, and women’s health leave
- Free coffee from a commercial espresso machine, daily snacks and, light breakfast
- Social Friday drinks with friendly game tournaments
- Spectacular roof-top terrace with river views and a game room
- Referral program with generous bonuses
- Awesome Gameloft-themed merch
- Studio Mascot – Mr Hendricks, our friendly Dachshund who protects our studio
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
If you want to join a team that values its people and makes really cool games, we want to hear from you! You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Gameloft by clicking on the video below.
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below, please include a cover letter and resume. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact the talent team at [email protected].
Gameloft Brisbane is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment.