Gameloft Brisbane, part of the global Gameloft family, opened in 2014 and since then has released Zombie Anarchy, Ballistic Baseball, My Little Pony: Mane Merge, and multi-award-winning The Oregon Trail™. In 2022, Gameloft Brisbane was announced as the winner of the coveted ‘Studio of the Year’ at the Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDAs).
We believe the keys to success are a great studio culture and finding a balance in everything we do, whether it’s working with great people on exciting projects or enjoying the incredible lifestyle of Queensland Australia.
We’re setting our sights on an exciting new direction in game development, embracing the challenges and opportunities of cross-platform innovation. As pioneers in leading Brisbane’s game development landscape, we’re dedicated to crafting immersive experiences that transcend traditional boundaries and engage players across diverse platforms. As we venture into this exciting phase, we’re also expanding our talented team to bring to life a range of unannounced projects.
- Flexible work model
- Learning and development programs
- Private Health Insurance and fitness subsidies
- Relaxation space and massage chair
- Access to employee mental health assistance
- Additional leave including birthday, Christmas, and women’s health leave
- Free coffee from a commercial espresso machine, daily snacks and, light breakfast
- Social Friday drinks with friendly game tournaments
- Spectacular roof-top terrace with river views and a game room
- Referral program with generous bonuses
- Awesome Gameloft-themed merch
- Studio Mascot – Mr Hendricks, our friendly Dachshund who protects our studio
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Environment Artist to join our Brisbane studio. We are seeking an individual with versatile skills who can create and assess assets across a wide variety of cross-platform projects.
As a part of our talented team of Artists, you will play a pivotal role in defining artistic standards and implementing best practices. You’ll also have the opportunity to mentor and provide guidance to fellow team members while fostering a creative and collaborative work environment.
- Work from concept art or references and model 3D environments and props for games on console and mobile platforms.
- Work within both creative and technical specifications to create high-quality game assets.
- Work as part of a team, collaborating with different disciplines and being proactive in problem-solving technical and artistic.
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to adapt to various game styles and graphic styles.
- Create artwork with the aim of providing new, exciting, and imaginative experiences for the player.
- Understanding of console and mobile constraints which include limited polys and textures.
- Attend regular team meetings for reporting progress and discussing tasks.
- Experienced with Substance Painter and 3D software (preferably Maya).
- Proficient in high-poly and low-poly modelling and knowledge of various texturing workflows.
- Solid understanding of mesh economy and optimization.
- Solid understanding of composition and staging.
- Strong observation skills and an eye for detail.
- Strong portfolio with examples of general asset creation in a combination of environment, shaders, modelling, unwrapping and texturing.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to multitask.
- Team player with excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Organized and able to work to deadlines and have good time management skills.
- Bonus points: Experience with Unreal Engine
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
If you want to join a team that values its people and makes really cool games, we want to hear from you! You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Gameloft by clicking on the video below.
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below, please include a cover letter and resume. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact the talent team at [email protected].
Gameloft Brisbane is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment.