Facial Rigging Lead (Senior Technical Artist 1)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams consist of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We’re a diverse team that is unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
EA Create Rigging, the versatile team mostly based between Vancouver, Canada, and Orlando, Florida is best known for creating amazing work in titles such as Battlefield, Football Club, Madden, UFC, Plants Versus Zombies, Apex Legends, and Dead Space to name a few; and we’re looking to expand our team for upcoming titles.
Facial Rigging Lead
The Facial Rigging Lead oversees all project specific facial technical decisions. You will work with Character Artists, Pipeline Development and Game Team Developers to accomplish project needs. The focus will be split between asset delivery and pipeline support. Reporting into department leadership, you will create consistency with all projects.
- Lead Facial Rigging for your project
- Partner with other Department Leads
- Collaborate with our client partners
- Define and estimate tasks / deliverables
- Collaborate with department technical leadership to align development
- Guide improvements within the Rigging space, both visual and technical
- Mentor a diverse team of artists and technicians
- 6+ years experience with multiple shipped Game Titles or VFX / Feature Animation
- Experience working with Technical, Creative, and Business Partners
- Background in rigging and skinning complex assets
- Expertise in Maya
- Proficient scripting experience with Python tool building and PyQT / PySide
- Knowledge of animation principles and human anatomy
- Game Engine Experience (Commercial or Proprietary)
- 3D Math Experience
- Houdini Experience
- Maya API Familiarity
- Facial Rigging Experience
- Motion Capture Familiarity
- Knowledge of C++
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 – $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.