Requisition Number: 178729
Position Title: Quality Designer II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop and deliver games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
EA Vancouver is looking for a Quality Designer to join a new team composed of a mixture of veterans of EA/EA SPORTS and new talent from across industries. This is an opportunity to develop new quality practices that aim to improve quality across both the EA Sports Football Club (FC) franchise, and across Sports business located in Vancouver and Bucharest. You will report to the EA Sports Football Club (FC) Quality Verification Development Director.
- You will have the end-to-end ownership of Quality strategy.
- You will always promote a “Player First” approach and be an advocate for the player in everything we do to help us achieve a high-quality experience for our players.
- You will build working relationships with senior members of the Development, Production and Design teams to develop a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal and external data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- Using an experimental mindset, you will proactively propose and provide solutions.
- You will research, analyze and compile data points spanning multiple sources into cohesive and consumable summaries that demonstrate impact to overall Quality.
- You will use change control processes to measure the impact of evolving Quality strategies.
- You can take overall strategy and propose tactical solutions to achieve that strategy.
- You will report progress and status through regular communication with appropriate managers and other team members.
- You are a mentor for peers, assisting with and growing their knowledge.
- 5+ years of applicable work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software development practices, including both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience working within a continuous delivery or continuous deployment model.
- Work with distributed teams.
- Experience with bug prevention and containment strategies.
- Defect and Task tracking tool experience.
- Experience using collaborative development tools.
Path to Becoming a Quality Designer
Employee stories sharing how they got into their role, lessons learned and a few interview tips.
- Barbara Homewood had her heart set on becoming a Librarian and is now an Associate Quality Designer in EA.
- Our hiring manager Ravi Minhas shares what he is looking for in a future candidate. Do you have this quality?
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 1
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace-we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers-people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up-we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.