Kwalee creates engaging and innovative games that are easy to pick up and play. Specialising in both the development and publishing of casual and hybrid casual games, we also bring our creative touch to publishing PC & Console titles, ensuring a diverse and exciting gaming portfolio.
With a focus on fun and creativity we have made a mark in the gaming industry and strive to make the most fun games for the world’s players! Joining Kwalee means becoming part of a team that has reached over 1 billion players around the globe.
As we continue to grow, we are now looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our Data & Engineering team in one of our office hubs in Almada, Bangalore or Leamington Spa, alternatively why not join us remotely outside one of our hub countries! The Data & Engineering team is central in developing the technology behind the development, growth and ongoing monetisation of our games.
As a QA Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the adoption of automated testing efforts across our technical product teams. You will work closely with the QA team, Game Divisions and Data team. You will report to our VP of Data and Engineering, together you will work to deliver products spanning our modern, cloud first, tech stack.
- Lead the adoption of automated testing efforts across our technical product teams
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts across the full stack including server, mobile and web
- Collaborate with all parts of the engineering team to define test strategies and provide QA input throughout the software development lifecycle
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Continuously improve and optimise test automation frameworks to enhance test efficiency and coverage
- Perform regression testing and participate in the release management process
- Mentor and coach less experienced QA automation engineers
- Spearhead a culture of quality, collaboration, and innovation within the QA team
- A degree in a STEM based discipline
- Proven experience in both frontend and backend automation testing, utilising tools like Selenium/Cypress, Appium, Postman, and similar technologies.
- Strong engineering background with exposure to both frontend and backend domains
- Proficiency in test case design, test execution, and defect tracking
- Leadership and project management skills, with the ability to lead and coordinate a team
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Certifications in software testing or automation (e.g., ISTQB, Selenium) are a plus
- Experience with containerization and virtualization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a bonus
- Based in one of our office hubs, following our hybrid model with 3 days per week on-site.
Compensation & Benefits: The design of our compensation and benefits revolves around a people-first philosophy. We have a supportive environment, with a strong focus on development and wellbeing. In structuring benefits across our offices, we adhere to core principles and align with local standards. Salaries are fairly benchmarked in accordance with background and skills, against industry and location standards. Our Talent Acquisition team will share more details with you as you progress in the recruitment process. They’re eager to connect with you and can’t wait to have a conversation!