Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch system and the Nintendo 3DS family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS family of systems, Super NES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii, and Wii U systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokemon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Coordinates certification efforts as project leaders through the entire testing process from start to finish
- Assess market risks and make determinations on certification; facilitate discussion regarding violations with partners.
- As certification expert, communicates as the primary contact between multiple stakeholders, facilitates transparent flow of information between internal and external partners
- Drives project deadlines by assessing schedule risks, determining mitigating strategies, and collaborating with the global testing teams to satisfy certification needs
- Assists with the creation of guideline testing checklists and documentation aligning with our global testing partners
- Provides guidance and training for team members as certification testing subject-matter experts
- Develops teams by promoting testing best-practices and global standards, guiding, and monitoring performance
- Facilitate partner education efforts prior to submission to mitigate certification challenges and failures
- Fosters business partnerships and looks for opportunities to provide additional high-value services
- Collects data and analyzes information to proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality of service and the certification process
- Creates, schedules, and leads meetings; presents project data to report on risk and results
- Performs all job responsibilities with strict adherence to corporate prototype security policies and procedures
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Three plus years of QC testing or game programming experience
- Minimum of two years of project leadership experience
- Proficient as Product Tester or equivalent experience
- Understanding of interaction between software and hardware; programming background preferred
- Excellent understanding of QC checklist, and mitigating market risk
- Excellent understanding of Japanese business culture and etiquette
- Excellent professional communication
- Undergraduate degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Passport required.
This position is hybrid in Redmond, WA. Hybrid positions require regular onsite work following the schedule and guidelines for their division. This position is not open to fully remote status at this time.
This position includes a base salary range of $30.95 – $46.42 annually, potential for a semi-annual discretionary performance bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off. Please see our Benefits & Perks page for more benefits information. Fixed term employees are eligible for all listed employee benefits except tuition reimbursement.
- Market Risk
- Professional Communication
- Project Management
- Self Motivation
- Service Quality