PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play – it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is for everyone. Global Consumer Experience (CX) provides global services, including outstanding customer care, commerce support, and online platform moderation. Our focus is to build and retain brand loyalty by representing the phenomenal entertainment ecosystem available on PlayStation!
We are looking for an enthusiastic Product Owner who can support Consumer Experience platforms, specifically consumers that require support through their ecommerce lifecycle. As a team member embedded in an engaged agile team, you will collaborate with product managers and business partners across various engineering and Commerce Platform teams for delivering high quality features!
This role is based in San Mateo, CA.
Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and connect with global business partners, technical and non-technical teams to conceptualize, analyze, design and launch new products and improve existing products
- Maintain customer-centric focus and own the documentation of requirements
- Document business justification and projected return on investment to identify and prioritize project opportunities
- Collaborate with technical teams to clearly communicate business requirements; be an advisor during user acceptance testing and training phases
- Use data and analytics to validate strategy and success criteria
- Communicate to partners on current status and ensure the backlog is prioritized with clarity
- Obtains key inputs from leadership, enterprise architecture teams and identifies solution and interdependencies
- Maintain strong relationships with key partners within Consumer Experience and other internal teams and external 3rd parties
Products Owner Skills:
- 5+ years proven track record as a product owner in delivering high profile, business focused solutions in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate and articulate complex business problems into easily understood solutions
- Articulate in documenting product requirements, writing functional specs, acceptance criteria and requirements
- An authority in Contact Centre CRM and Online Support
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with cross-functional teams worldwide and with senior partners
- Meticulous attention to detail with ability to make good, timely decisions
- Ability to multitask and context switch between low level detail and the ‘bigger picture’
- Strategic problem solver with a consistent track record in leading and inspiring teams to deliver to their full potential
- Subtle but forceful in finding common ground on sophisticated issues
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Awareness and appreciation of the principles of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in quantitative subject area (Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or MBA with emphasis in analytics)
- Experience in SAP Commerce or similar eCommerce digital solutions is a plus
- Proficient knowledge of customer loyalty and subscription services are desirable
- Experience in Order Management processes and payment processing solutions are desirable
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud is highly desirable
Please refer to our for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.