Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an experienced Maps Producer who will embrace our player- and gameplay-first philosophy and share their hard-earned expertise to help us create an incredible experience for our players.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating and supporting the execution of long- and short-term plans for cross-functional world development. You will facilitate communication across the team, support workflow dependencies, identify and mitigate risks, and be a key component in our team hitting our development goals.
What you’ll do…
- In partnership with department directors and team leads, drive production for multiple features and centralized groups simultaneously.
- Partner closely with the team leads to understand their challenges and identify impediments to success.
- Establish and maintain the team’s schedule and scope/capacity plans.
- Focus on development processes, identifying inefficiencies and introducing production and development process improvements.
- Be a conduit of communication between departments and provide support to the team in a variety of different capacities.
- Work closely with the Production team and department leads, identifying and informing the team of any issues or needs.
- Look at long term strategies for any potential roadblocks and proactively address them.
- Drive features from initial requests through release.
- Combat inertia, act as a force to keep moving things forward.
- Partner effectively with other team members to support overall efforts of the department and help define and encourage production best practices.
Ideally you will have…
- 5+ years of experience as a Producer on AAA game/s through the full development cycle, from concept to ship.
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, risks, and dependencies to the development and leadership teams.
- A strong understanding of game development methodologies.
- Experience working with waterfall and agile planning methods.
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence.
- Proactive tendencies and an endless motor.
- Sense of urgency and a desire to get things done.
- Ability to self-motivate and help motivate others.
- Ability to juggle many tasks at once.
- Strong people skills. Empathy for fixing the problems of others, respect for others’ time.
- Intense passion for helping people and teams achieve their goals.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $95,450 – $141,800
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $89,200 – $141,800
- Jersey City, NJ:
º $105,250 – $141,800
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $89,200 – $118,550
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $89,200 – $130,750
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.