We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support remote and/or flexible working options.
We are on the lookout for a Senior Level Designer to join our passionate team developing a brand new co-op strategy shooter title!
As a highly experienced member of the Level Design Team, you will deliver game features, design documents and prototype specifications to the highest possible quality and support the Level Design Team as required.
You will work closely with the Lead Level Designer, supporting efforts in guiding individuals and teams to maintain and encourage the highest standard of level design, in conjunction with driving the core feature design and taking ownership of game features.
Growth is a big part of the team’s philosophy, and we try to encourage people to learn new skills and work towards their career goals. You will help facilitate and encourage learning within the team and be a key point of contact should anyone feel they need assistance should they be struggling.
- Create immersive gameplay scenarios that support and enhance the core mechanics and creative vision of the game
- Develop and iterate level designs through close collaboration with Artists, Narrative, and other disciplines
- Pre-emptively identify and raise any upcoming issues on behalf of the team to Lead during production
- Regularly play the levels in production and proactively give feedback to other members of the team on their work
- Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc.)
- Creating guides and tutorials to assist with training and reference materials
- Author specs for improvements and new features
- Proactively investigate and provide feedback on our pipelines from a Designer perspective and provide feedback to the Lead Level Designer and proactively give feedback to other members of the team
- Expert knowledge of creating game design documents and prototype specifications.
- Expert knowledge of multiplayer maps.
- Professional experience as a Principal or Senior Level Designer on at least one published pc/console game from concept to finish.
- Expert knowledge of the video game development process, including working in a timely / time-bound manner, and prototyping/iterating appropriately within that restriction.
- Expert knowledge of production pipelines.
- Proactively ensure the game design serves the audience of the game.
- Able to focus and mentor individuals and teams to achieve a specific outcome to drive performance and solve problems.
- Able to apply an understanding of the games industry to improve the effectiveness of teams and projects.
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: