Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences- all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
The People Science & Analytics team at Roblox supports our People, Places, & Systems group in all areas of applied statistics, data science for internal operations. Our team works to deliver a wide range of insights and solutions for Roblox, from developing industry-leading hiring assessments, to conducting job analysis and qualitative research, to architecting data analytics systems and tools. In this role you will join a world-class group of learning and data scientists who are focused on collecting and using qualitative and quantitative data to drive decisions and to design and support Roblox’s approach to leadership, people development, and organizational design and culture.
- Partner with the teams within the People, Places, & Systems organization to identify key metrics, trends, and analytical needs with an emphasis on improving and scaling our analytical offerings.
- Be a consultant looking for internal and external solutions to improve our programs.
- Analyze large datasets to distill insights and connect disparate ideas into a meaningful story to drive strategy, action, and decision-making at an executive level.
- Diagnose operational breakdowns at the root cause and work with key stakeholders to find efficient and holistic solutions.
- Handle ad hoc reporting and analytical requests, while addressing stakeholder long-term needs.
- Support data management, analysis and reporting driving insights for Partners and Executives leveraging our people data ecosystem.
- An MBA or MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science (or related field)
- 4+ years of advanced data reporting, visualization, and dashboard creation
- 4+ years of SQL experience for data extraction, manipulation, and analyses; including stored procedures, complex joins, creation of views, and database scripting
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of statistical analysis software (R, Python or relevant software)
- Experience leading complex projects.
- A collaborative work-style with leaders and team members to guide organizational change
- Specific experience with the Greenhouse, Workday, Qualtrics or similar enterprise applications
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
$154,360 – $189,100 USD
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.