Requisition Number: 177955
Position Title: Environment Artist
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
After nearly 30 years of creating genre-defining, interactive football experiences with the world’s biggest football entertainment platform, EA SPORTS FIFA, we are soon beginning an exciting new era. EA SPORTS FC will become the future of football from EA SPORTS – as we strive to take global football experiences to new heights, on behalf of football fans everywhere.
With more opportunity than ever to innovate and create new, authentic experiences that bring joy, inclusivity, and immersion to a global community of fans, we invite you to join us and pioneer the future of football with EA SPORTS!
Candidates must be highly motivated and flexible, able to take initiative and work independently, and comfortable collaborating with a small team. In this role, you will work closely with Senior Art Leads, Art Directors as well as Licensing and Production team, on creating broadcast style 3D Football wipes in our Frostbite Game Engine as the primary responsibility. The work on wipes usually requires an unconventional approach and creativity to achieve the desired outcome. You will also have opportunities to build 3D environment props and stadium assets.
This is a temporary assignment to start.
- Working from authentic reference and/or concepts, develop replication of Authentic Broadcast Wipes in 3D.
- Handle all aspects of wipe creation from start to finish such as modeling, texturing, shader and geometry animation, and logic/schematic implementation.
- Come up with creative solutions for the many challenges a wipe through use of the provided tools or, if necessary, creating custom tools to assist in the workflow.
- Accomplish projects to the expected quality within deadline-driven timelines.
- Has 5+ years of experience, and a degree in an Art or Design-related field from a Design Firm, Boutique Studio, or Gaming Studio is all welcome.
- Expertise in video editing and motion graphics suites, such as Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and has the capacity to learn new tools
- Experience animating in a 3D application
- Working knowledge of Cinema 4D or Maya
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once as part of a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative team
- Positive attitude with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Is a team player who can take direction and execute against it with little assistance, as well as work independently to reach the desired outcome of the task.
- Experience working with a game engine is a major asset
- Portfolio is mandatory
Community / Marketing Title: Environment / Motion Graphics Artist
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 0
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.