Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life.
Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device.We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
We are looking for a marketing leader to lead our marketing efforts in APAC with a specific focus on Japan and South Korea.
You will be the first marketing hire focused on a specific region, so we need someone who is strategic and can drive impact and expertise of the market.
You will set goals and coordinate across many departments at headquarters to build a Go to market(GTM) plan and execute.
You will be cross-functional with close relationships across Product, Communications, Partnerships, and Marketing teams.
You will have marketing and project management skills to orchestrate planning and executing of large scale events, marketing campaigns, GTM strategy and more.
This role is based in Tokyo region and will work in our San Mateo, CA office for the first 2-3 months.
You will :
Work towards the alignment of the global and regional strategies into tactical plans for key markets, especially Japan, S.
Korea and India. This includes holistic strategies across our active channels.
- Manage our marketing presence including channels : Live events, Social, Influnecer, Growth.
- Coordinate across our comms, policy and brand partnership teams.
- Guide expansion of existing products and new launches in APAC, regionally managing execution of marketing strategies and GTM models
- Develop a roadmap for success in Japan and lead GTM plan to achieve success. Replicate similar strategy for other APAC markets (focusing on Japan and South Korea).
This will be outbound marketing focused.
- Establish understanding of barriers to adoption across all APAC markets
- Collaborate with all cross functional partners including digital marketing, partnerships, product, comms, and growth to lead marketing success.
- Be the main POC for agencies driving in-market plans and bringing together all XFN towards a unified approach and vision.
- Work with research to support primary and secondary market research to inform strategy
- Ensure presence at Top APAC events and conferences working with comms.
- Lead marketing budget (influencer and social) for APAC region
- Report to Head of Content and Digital Marketing
You have :
- 8+ years marketing experience focused on the APAC region with strong experience leading in region
- Japan expertise
- 5+ years building APAC marketing for a consumer tech company
- Fluency of Japanese language with Korean an advantage.
- Experience driving cross-functional agreement and working with team members at all levels
- Experience in messaging, positioning and marketing / content strategy
- Demonstrated experience being hands-on with individual projects
- Experience working cross-culturally with good cultural knowledge, insight and understanding
You’ll Love :
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ :
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass