Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold billions of video games and hundreds of millions of hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at .
Nintendo is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a welcoming and inclusive environment in service to one another, our products, the diverse consumers we represent, and the communities we call home. We do all of this with kindness, empathy and respect for each other.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Oversees and leads key functional group(s) within Experiential Marketing Team, assigning project work, growing and developing functional expertise, and providing cross-functional leadership across all XM strategies and tactics.
- Responsible for the holistic strategic development and execution of experiential marketing programs that drive consumer purchase intent, earned conversation and media coverage, industry support and increased engagement for Nintendo brands.
- Develops creative briefs for agency partners and leads the creative development process by evaluating and providing ongoing direction on strategic opportunities, tactics, and execution plans that best promote key Nintendo hardware and software.
- Works closely and cross-functionally with internal teams to understand overall marketing priorities, key brand messaging, and targeted audiences to fully integrate marketing activities, synchronize consumer messaging, amplify exposure, and drive retail conversion.
- Cultivates relationships with agencies, vendors, and other business partners to maintain, grow, and develop active partnerships with industry leaders.
- Works closely with Experiential Marketing leadership on yearly strategic planning, resourcing, and budget management
- Presents final experiential opportunities and proposals to Experiential Marketing and Executive Leadership for approvals based on strategic approach, projected results, and ROI.
- Ensures that proposals leverage best in class event practices, key learnings, and new approaches to continually improve and maximize promotional and experiential marketing impact.
- Leverages multimedia, sensory (sight, sound, motion, smell, touch), and human engagement to create rich experiences that move people into positive action.
- Acts as a full-service in-house agency that provides strategic planning, creative development, production/fabrication, staffing/training, contracting, shipping, onsite event execution and troubleshooting (including set up and tear down)
- Seeks out and shares broadly best in class event practices, new technologies, and industry benchmarks to ensure world class event execution.
- Handles all elements of execution for national experiential events and other special projects.
- Implements the full spectrum of experiential tactics/approaches (consumer, tradeshow, B2B, mobile, product launch, retail, media, influencer, buzz, stunts, corporate, employee, etc.) and pioneers new experiential formats/capabilities.
- During development and execution – develops, maintains and shares experiential marketing program status, recaps, and analysis (including budgets, timing, photos, collateral, and other materials for reference)
- Post program: performs and reports thorough ROI analysis, key learning, and results
- Oversees the development, usage and inventory management of all Experiential Marketing assets across suppliers and warehouse facilities across the US
- As designated, may represent Nintendo as an official corporate spokesperson; successful completion of training required
- Oversees onsite event execution, partner management, production, and to gain insights and learnings for current or future programs
- Responsible for growth and development of team. Provides tools, resources and coaching to improve and maximize performance. Communicates clear and regular performance feedback and expectations
- On-site at events: participates in setup/strike, which may include, but is not limited to: loading/unloading of equipment, crates, or pallets off of trucks and in/out of event sites.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS:
- Eight or more years of experience in consumer marketing, experiential event marketing, or related experience in strategic planning and execution of national consumer marketing campaigns
- Agency or corporate marketing background with an emphasis in experiential events is strongly preferred.
- Proven record of developing and executing successful, fully integrated large-scale events with significant market and consumer impact while staying on-time and on-budget
- Strong understanding of promotional and experiential strategies and tactics to ensure feasibility of core ideas and to troubleshoot during execution.
- PC skills (MS Office) required. Visio, SketchUp, or CAD experience helpful
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the United States to be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available for this role. Relocation assistance may be available for this role.
This position is HYBRID in Redmond, WA. Hybrid positions require regular onsite work following the schedule and guidelines for their division. This position is not open to fully remote status at this time.
This position includes a base salary range of $130,073 – $195,109 annually, potential for a semi-annual discretionary performance bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid time off. Please see our for more benefits information.