Job Title: Manager Internal Communications, ActivisionRequisition ID: R021639 Job Description: Your Platform
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers – like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® – our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history.Your Mission
As Manager, Internal Communications reporting to the Sr. Director, Communications, you will supervise internal communications programs across Activision’s business to inform and engage our global employees. In this role, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in everything from producing division-wide meetings to crafting written and video communications within our organization.
This role is anticipated to be assigned as a hybrid work model position, with some work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office and some work remote.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop and complete comprehensive long-range and short-term internal communication plans that outline what channels the team should use to communicate with employees.
- Align our people around our values and business goals to help every employee feel connected to our mission.
- Build and manage an internal editorial calendar to organize the strategic cadence of employee communications.
- Draft accurate and error-free documents with a strong attention to detail.
- Promote pillar awareness of and participation in major Activision projects tied to workplace engagement and satisfaction (Culture, DE&I, Future of Work).
- Work with senior leaders and team leads on internal communications programs, helping them engage with their teams.
- Produce a wide range of compelling content to support employee communications, including talking points, email drafts, decks, slides, video, surveys, hub articles, etc.
- Experiment with creative ways to reach corporate employees with the news and information they care about.
- Be a trusted partner; develop time-sensitive and important messaging for the teams you support, while also evaluating and reporting on sentiment of messages.
- Identify and work on areas of opportunity where communication tools, messaging, frameworks, or channels can be improved for employees globally.
- Cultivate relationships with global cross-functional teams and find opportunities to improve engagement with business operations from an internal communication perspective.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our games and employee attitudes, surfacing stories that reflect who we are, what we care about, and what we need to know as a team.
- 5+ years of proven experience working within the comms space serving internal or external audiences.
- You have a diverse comms toolkit that you use to master any communication medium requirement.
- You adapt quickly, are a terrific writer, are focused on delivering results, and have experience working well across a diverse group of internal partners.
- You exercise great discretion as it relates to confidential information.
- You can work independently and, in a group, to deliver assignments on time.
- You have a depth of understanding of current trends in the internal comms space.
- You know how to measure the impact and resonance of your work.
- You can quickly adjust to critical situations in an assuring manner.
- You are creative storyteller with the ability to proactively seek out information from teams, frequently turning complex information into engaging content.
- You are a self-motivated individual comfortable operating in a high volume, fast-paced environment without sacrificing high-quality results.
- Strong attention to detail, especially related to written skills across different formats from executive messaging to employee newsletters and internal memos, including copywriting and editing; creative writing is a plus.
- An understanding of current trends in the gaming space, with the ability to develop, present, and implement ideas.
- Adaptable, reliable, and willing to take on projects big and small.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, or relevant field.
- Knowledge of distribution list management.
- A passion for communicating about gaming and a deep understanding of the video game culture.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to [email protected] General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.Our World
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $87,480.00 – $161,910.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.