We want you to #JOINTHEREBELLION!
For 30 years we’ve been creating incredible video games at our multiple studios, but Rebellion is more than just games. We have our own film and mo-cap studio, we create board games, publish books, and through 2000AD, publish comics and graphic novels such as the amazing Judge Dredd.
We operate across multiple UK locations, with studios based in Oxford, Warwick, Liverpool, and Wakefield. Work-life balance is important to us, and we want everyone at Rebellion to work in the way that works best for them. So, if you are based in the UK, we are always open to discussing how we can support flexible/hybrid working options.
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Lead Developer to join our Web team, to help build and support our public facing websites and our comic reader hybrid mobile apps.
This role will be a hybrid/remote position only.
- Developing new Websites and Hybrid Mobile Apps in HTML, CSS and Vue.JS to agreed coding standards and quality
- Building sites and templates that are accessible and mobile friendly
- Creating and maintaining new reusable code libraries and templates
- Designing and recommending technical solutions for new projects and features
- Updating and enforcing coding standards
- Writing, maintaining and improving automated code tests and coverage
- Assisting with build and deployment activities
- Work to project deadlines and pro-actively communicate actual and potential issues and progress blockers
- Extensive Commercial experience of building accessible & reflowable external facing websites for Desktop and Mobile use
- Ability to communicate technical concerns to both developers and stakeholders
- Highly motivated, approachable, initiative taking developer
- Familiarity with Vue.js and/or Nuxt.js
- Experience of working with RESTful Web APIs
- Demonstrable experience of working with and writing SQL
- Familiar with CI/CD technologies (ideally GitLab)
- Experience with BDD and testing frameworks
We offer an extensive benefits package to our team including:
- 26 days holiday + Bank holidays (increasing with service at 5 years – one day each year until you reach 31 days)
- Private Medical Insurance, healthcare cash plan, including dental and Vision
- Life Assurance, Income Protection & Critical Illness Cover
- Enhanced Family Leave
- Interest Free, Tax-Free loans
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- EAP a range of Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
- Plus loads more… including a wide range of discounts, freebies, and social events!
Whichever team you join at Rebellion we are proud of our open, friendly, and creative atmosphere. We love what we do, and we have fun doing it! As a big indie developer, we have complete creative freedom over our titles which allows us to work on a massive variety of projects across all the major platforms.
Find out more about us
Our size, stability, and the variety of in-house expertise across multiple industries, makes Rebellion completely unique! We work in our own way, and we celebrate that as the key to our success. We foster an inclusive culture where you are encouraged to be yourself, to express your creativity and your talent. We are people focused and will support you in every way to can be the best at what you do. We recognise the importance of enjoying what you do and having a healthy work-life balance. We offer a friendly, creative, and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and a wide variety of benefits and development opportunities for all our teams to ensure you are fully supported with your physical and Mental Well-being.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to add to our culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas, and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We encourage all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neurodiversity and beyond, because a representative team makes better products.
If you are interested in working at Rebellion, but this role doesn’t sound quite like you, we’re recruiting for a range of positions across the studio and we’re always happy to receive speculative applications via our website. Visit our Careers website to view all our live vacancies: