Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Founded in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAAA’s game in order to offer the best gaming experiences to our players. Today, the studio has more than 400 talents, from 15 different nationalities, who work on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Beyond Good & Evil 2, plus other unannounced free-to-play games. We are also working on exciting technologies with the Anvil team, Online services teams and with La Forge who seek to validate the value of technological innovations.
As a Lead Technical Animator at Ubisoft Bordeaux, you will contribute to the development of the Technical Animation team. In this role, you’ll collaborate with other Leads, Producers, and multidisciplinary developers across our AAA production.
What you’ll do:
- Prioritizing, supervising and planning the team’s day-to-day work
- Providing constructive feedback, mentoring, and coaching a team of Technical Animators
- Ensuring a productive workflow and beneficial relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring deliverables are completed on time, on specs, and up to quality standards
- As a Technical Animator you’ll also:
- Create and maintain an animation pipeline and DCC tools for Gameplay and Cinematic Animators as well as Character artists
- Supporting the Gameplay and Cinematic animation teams with rigs
- Supporting Animators with procedural animation solutions for some characters and vehicles
- Establish real-time IK solutions for any Gameplay feature that requires it
- Debug animation and character problems in the game
What you’ll bring
You are a motivated and team-oriented Lead, dedicated to the craft of Animation. You find the team’s achievements to be motivating and are able to supervise a team by providing constructive feedback and support whenever needed. As an Animator, you share our enthusiasm for film and the games industry and are motivated by the chance to bring things to a higher level. Your experience within large productions and from leading a team allows you to solve problems on the job and organize an effective workflow. You have excellent communication skills in English and your proactive approach enables you to build trust with your team and the various stakeholders you’ll collaborate with along the way.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- Professional experience as a mentor/lead/manager or equivalent
- Several years of professional experience in Animation (Technical Animation / Rigging) for games on console and PC (ideally with at least one AAA title shipped) including setting up and/or maintaining Animation pipelines.
- Strong visual scripting knowledge or coding in at least one language (C++ and/or Python)
- Experience with 3D engines (such as Unity, Unreal, CryEngine etc)
- Type of contract : Permanent contract
- Location: Role based in Bordeaux – France
- Remote Work : Hybrid
- Phone Interview with a recruiter
- Interview(s) with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not selected, you will receive a negative answer.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Check out to help you with your application, and learn about our actions to encourage more diversity and inclusion.