We are looking for a Lead Programmer to oversee AAA technical development at Cloud Chamber. You will be the main technical point of contact for our co-development partners, ensuring seamless development, a coherent technical vision, and shared approach. As our Lead Programmer, under the supervision of the Lead Producer, you will collaborate with Design, Animation, Audio, and Art to manage the development of the game from the ground up.
As a leader at Cloud Chamber we ask for you to be courageous and kind, to have uncompromising ethics and unwavering integrity. Our goal is for you to model the behavior and qualities we like to see in our employees. We encourage you to champion high standards, push for progress, embrace change, and challenge the status quo. Above all else, we want you to foster a positive, proactive, and agile work environment that encourages innovation and collaboration.
- Work with both Internal and External Partners to build a AAA game from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5.
- Help define technological initiatives and participate in their architecture, planning, development and review.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with a high degree of detail with peers, partners, and different cultural groups across multiple disciplines.
- Build and nurture strong relationships with our other projects’ Engineering Teams, utilizing their expertise when appropriate.
- Ensure effective contributions from our Co-Development partners; ensure they are part of the team.
- Facilitate ensemble code reviews to provide visibility and engagement.
- Act as a representative on studio wide technical topics.
- Provide strategic guidance for engineers and technical designers.
- Proactively identify opportunities and risks to improve the work of the team, the quality of the project and studio knowledge, and technologies as a whole.
- Work with technical directors, lead designers, narrative and cinematic directors to establish development processes and content creation pipelines.
Skills, Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 9+ years of programming experience in Unreal Engine with consistent increasing complexity.
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience.
- Experience shipping multiple AAA Unreal Engine console and PC games.
- Experience managing external teams.
- Understanding of risk management principles and demonstrated ability to put them into practice.
- Customer-service mindset to enable and support our partner’s success while setting clear boundaries of responsibility.
- Experience with multi-processor programming.
- Experience working on core engine systems.
- Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
- Expert in C / C++.
- Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
- Proven leadership skills and willing to take initiative to communicate, coordinate, and negotiate between different disciplines with kindness and respect.
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills.
- Work ethic focused on dynamism and collaboration.
- Analytical and strategic thinker with communication skills to express clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to embrace change for a fast-growing organization.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees, we only use 2K.com email accounts.